UROLOGICAL CONSULTANTS, PA OFFICE POLICIES
To provide efficient and effective care for all patients, the following policies apply:
- You must bring proof of insurance (card), a photo ID, and (if required by your insurance carrier) a referral to your visit.
- As mandated by insurance rules, all co-pays are due prior to receiving services without exception.
- Your visit may be rescheduled if you arrive late, do not bring the necessary information, or are not prepared to pay your co-pay or any outstanding balances on your account prior to service.
- If you do not have a required referral or your proof of insurance at the time of your visit, you may choose to be seen “out-of-network” and you will be responsible for payment in full at the time of your visit.
- Cancelled checks or insufficient funds will incur a fee of $25.
- For surgical procedures, any cancellations or “no-shows” with less than 2 business days’ notice will be assessed a $150 fee.
- The practice reserves the right to require a non-refundable $100 pre-payment (to be applied to your charges when services are provided) from patients who repeatedly miss or cancel appointments without appropriate notification.
- Medical record requests must be accompanied by an Authorization for Disclosure of Health Information Form. Preparation fees may apply payable in advance.
- Requests to complete documents (e.g., for life insurance or disability applications, etc.) outside of simply providing medical records, require an additional $30 administrative fee payable by check or cash only.
- Under Md. Code Ann., Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 10-402, it is criminal and unlawful to record conversations without all parties’ express consent. To protect the confidentiality of our patients and our staff, the office does not consent to any such recording. Recording devices of any kind are prohibited.
Please note that these policies may change from time to time. Thank you for your cooperation.